Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY 2010!!




I'm sitting in the library right now, realising with mild surprise that the seats here are actually extremely comfortable... I've banished myself here until I finish this entry... In truth I wanted to have it done before the end of the year, a sort of farewell to 2009 one might say.. A sign of dedication and maturity as the world heads into double digits in this brand new century.. instead I write to you two days late.. hopeful that this isn't a sign of what things will be like in the new year.

But theres no more excuses, I have a full tummy (large Taro should take me through the better part of this entry) I'm comfy and am surrounded by people intently typing away and setting a good example for the type of work ethic I'd like to employ right now...

Before I start I would just like to say that this entry will be done a little differently - as I have regretably left it a month between entries I plan to put this in point form, I realise if I attempted to sum up everyday in lavish (albiet unnesicary) detail as usuall I'll not only have a major brain burn out trying to remember everything but I'll also bore you stupid - consider it a belated Christmas present...

So In point form (what I remember) of the last month...

CTN

CTN was absolutely awesome... I finally found my scedule today... ok thats a lie, I stole it from Anthony when I found a copy in his car the other day... So a full blown down is on its way (promise) for those of you not jumping up and down in sheer excitment and anxiousness I'd like to point out that the break down is more for me than you... a way to let everything that happened sink in...

The Next thing worth mentioning that happened after that was Alex's Birthday on the 20th... ok so I realise that came three weeks after my birthday but all that really hapened in that time was more days in Pasadena,
a weeks worth of rain,
Some more interesting run ins with homeless people
Three more boys trying to get my number (don't worry Anthony... I quickly declined)
Some serious drawing
Christmas Preperation (like decorating the tree)
and an awesome night at ASIFA that gave me a lifetimes worth of artistic inspiration I'm still sifting through (thanks again Steve)

Ok side note... I'm being seriously distracted right now by the man next to me that keeps flicking out his hands every two minutes and muttering... maybe the library wasn't the best idea...

So the 18th rolled around and I spent about a week really working hard to finish Al's video so I could send it of in time for her to get it... $60 later it made its way to Australia to a happily expectant Yvette and a crazily realieved me... Its not easy forking over that much cash when the guy behind the counter tells you it MIGHT get there in time... but it did, and after some playing around with it at the party... (all buig occasions need an appropriate amount of technical dificulty) they got it working and I successfuly made Alex cry! booyeah! Hey I didn't collect 21 years worth of pics and memories for nothing ^_^ It was great being a part of the festivities too, even if I spent most or the time sitting on Lils lap...

It was really awesome as well keeping her company that night (lil not Alex) We swaped songs, sang Part of your world with the help of Yvette on her end and Amber on mine, then I showed her how to make a BLT and we spent the rest of the night watching Icarly - Love you and miss you Lil!

Christmas Eve came steaming along shortly after and festivities were started of with a short day at work then a concert at night. Hamid and Eman came to pick me up at 6:30 to make for the Hilton near Universal Studios... We spent the early part of the night around the bar, egging on Carolers, eating dry peanuts, stealing strawberries and proving to Eman that I did indeed have 6 jobs before I left... A fact that won my a ticket to see Avatar in 3D ^_^

Passing the buffet that spilled lavishly into the halls and was filled with everything from a sushi to roast and anything else you could want or imagine we got to our own Persian delights then sitting down near the stage got ready to hear Hamid and the Blackcats rock out.

The Music lasted till 2am - broken only be a huge fist fight that had people screaming anf performing high kicks, for some well over tipsy I was surprised how fast eman had me under his arm to take me out of there.

The Next day Santa had been and it was Pancakes curtisy of Brad... I provided fresh oranges I'd stolen from the buffet the night before (I managed to get six out under my jacket... mum, you taught me well) After breacy and a present from Dad and Yvette - I'll use it well - I went for a walk to Burbank to meet Gary for a movie - surprisingly it was packed and I was thankful Gary had shown up early and gotton tickets as the line stretched all the way up the bllock. We decided to pass the time with drinks at Bobaloca then took up our place in the line for Sherlock Holmes.

The movie was pretty good, unfortunetly due to a late night before I almost fell asleep in the middle - but I recomend it if your a fan of the franchise.

We ended the night with Thai then it was home to bed

Boxing day I had to work in the morning and after two late nights left the house feeling extremely crusty and worse for wear.. but I made it through a slow day at Haagan Dasz and later met with Alina to see Avatar and have dinner at Pho... mmmm chicken salad.

Avatar was great... better than I expected... but then I had pretty low LOW expectations... But as promised it looked beautiful and incredibly expensive... It turned out the story really did resemble Atlantis but I think it was about half way through when I realised I liked Atlantis so the simalirities weren't really such a bad thing...

Before I wrap up christmas I'd just like to Thank everyone again for all my presents - I really did feel loved and incredibly spoiled this year

Dad/Yvette and Lil - for the money which I'm still spending (just bought myself a massage) and my Disney Game
Mum - for the rent
Brad/Amber and Brandon for the Blanket
Gary for the Meal
My Boss Seni for the voucher
Jen for my card
and everyone else for the well wishes ^_^

The next major event was of course New Years.. Finding at the last minute I had the day of work I started with a sleep in on the Eve and bummed around the house till midday when I finally got dressed and headed to Burbank to meet with Guss and Tony... the day was a surprise so making sure I had everything on the list Tony sent me I met with them at 2:30 for a late lunch and a long trip down to Long Beach.
After seeing some awesome motercycle tricks set up by the pier we met with Tim, and deciding against skating on the fake ice that odly resembled rubber we made for the acquarium - I think its the most fun I've had at an acquarim ever!! we rushed around like idiots making whale sounds (ok that was just me) pretending to swim with the fish, discovering the difference between Sea Lions and Seals, Getting our guides embossed (something I made my personal mission) and topping it of with ahealthy dose of sarcassm - summed up in Tony's brilliant line towards a leg spreading starfish that seemed to resemble his Ex wife - much to the caretakers horror - totall classic!

Giving up on the final embossing station we made our way to the crowded pier to watch a dareldevil with a name that resembles cold meat (pastrami I think) break a world record for the longest car jump over water from one ramp to another.. pretty sweet stuff.

We then spent the next two and a bit hours wondering around trying to find dinner as everywhere was either closing the kitchen or completely booked out... or of limits due to the fact I'd forgotton my ID (sorry again guys)

But we finally came across Baba Gump Shrimp (literally where we had started) and had an excelletn dinner of fresh prawns - I got the salad which was one of the best I've ever had ^_^

Just as the temperature dropped and the crowds started to gather we rugged up and headed to the water for the fireworks - not as good as Home but still loud and colourful and as always a slightly extravagant waste of money ^_^ when the last explosion rung out accross the water lighting up he boats and happy drunk faces of most in the crowd we head to PF changs to warm up before we headed back to the cars...

Thanks again Everyone for a fantastic 2009 - thanks to those of you that actually took the time to read my blog - it really does make it worth while - Thanks for supporting me and giving me feedback, I hope my lengthy entries haven't scared you away so you'll be back for more this year

In other quick news

I've written a song that I'm trying to compose
I'm still working on my book
I'll have my stuff in Karen's shop at the end of this month (hopefully)
I have three new classes with Gary and Shaun - I'm teaching comic books and Science again
I bought a Calender and plan to actually use it!

Some pics from New Years







3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Christmas Eve Festivities at Hilton Universal. What was your favorite station on the buffet? I personally love the sushi. Hey, if you want to stay up on all our events, take a sec to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

    Wishing you all the best in the New Year. Hope to see you in Universal City again soon!

    Zarina
    Universal Hilton

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First up, awesome pic, there's so much character in it, it's amazing!

    Secondly, I know all about spending lots of time at the library...we both do actually. ;)

    Fist fights, egad...at least you got that Avatar ticket. I probably should see it sometime before it leaves the cinemas. Soon. Maybe. Later. >_>

    Thanks for keeping us all posted on what's happenin' over there!

    ReplyDelete